Always use a professional to clean your rugs. The methods and chemicals used by dry cleaners can damage vintage rugs, even if it's at the age of 45 years or more.
- Routine cleaning is done with a vacuum cleaner.
- For this, don't use high suction and keep the pole of the vacuum in a vertical position.
- Make sure you do not vacuum too much fringe since it may be torn off when vacuuming.
- Never wash your vintage rug or pillow case in a washing machine.
- You may damage it permanently and make it unrepairable.
- For deep cleaning, always have your rug cleaned by a professional who is specialized in this type of work, as well as be sure to use the correct detergent and equipment for the job.